Swimming WA seeks Coach CoordinatorSwimming WA - 25/06/2014 Image (c) Swimming Australia
Key outcomes from the position are to actively grow participation in the sport of swimming and play a significant part in the BHP Billiton Aquatic Super Series Community Program throughout regional Western Australia.
Programs/services that the Coach Coordinator will administer and assist with include:
- Coaching courses
- Workshops and clinics
- BHP Billiton Aquatic Super Series Community Program
- Coach development initiatives
- Swimming WA Conference
- Experience and strong level of interest in sports coaching
- Proven administration skills to a high level in a sports environment
- Strong passion and interest in aquatic sports
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to evoke the co-operation of people across a wide range of organisations including volunteers, coaches, schools and pool operators
- Strong communication, negotiation and relationship building skills
- Strong time management, presentation skills and the ability to meet deadlines and prioritise tasks
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, email and diary management
- Preparedness to be flexible in respect to work hours
- Candidates will need to have the ability to work independently.
- Current Working with Children Check, drivers licence and National Police Clearance
- A tertiary degree in a relevant field or progression towards the same
- Certificate IV in Training and the desire to develop skills for course delivery
The successful applicant will join an exciting, emerging organisation which strives for the relentless pursuit of excellence.
Applicants must send a cover letter and resume outlining relevant experience and skills. The application also requires documentation which addresses each essential criteria listed in the full job description below.
Applications should be marked to the attnention of Carolyn Morrison, Swimming WA Development Manager and include the reference CC14 and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 5pm, Wednesday 9 July.
Full job description here