Dive and Try Swim Meets
The Dive and Try swim meets (formally Shells) have been held in Western Australia for the past 41 years. The Dive and Try swim meets are designed to be Swimming WA's premier Junior Sport Program. The meets are designed to encourage boys and girls in Western Australia to participate in swimming with all swimmers rewarded for their efforts. They are friendly, non-threatening swim meets with modified rules and provide an opportunity to become involved in one of Australia's leading sports. The meets cater for 6-14 year olds including children with disabilities.
2013 SunSmart Dive and Try Final - Swimmers Announced
The startlist for the final has now been amended. The top 8 swimmers and 4 reserves across all 16 events held in Western Australia between October 2012 and March 2013 have been invited to attend the final. These swimmers will be notified by mail/email over the coming week of the events they have qualified for, as well as other relevant information. Swimmers will need to inform Swimming WA if they will be attending. For further information please contact Steven Rose on (08) 6143 4512 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to view amended start list
Due to a clash with other events, the 2013 SunSmart Dive and Try Final will now be held on Saturday 25th May 2013 at Chisholm Catholic College Pool.
Warm-ups will be from 11:30am with racing starting at 12:30pm.
Finalists will be announces early next week and notified via mail.
We apologise for any inconveniences.
What are the Dive and Try meets?
Dive and Try is WA’s premier junior novice sports program, and has been running in Western Australia for more than 40 years.
Dive and Try encourages junior swimmers to get into swimming through friendly, non-threatening swim meets with modified rules, providing an opportunity to become involved in one of Australia’s leading sports.
The meets cater for 6-14 year olds including children with disabilities.
Swimmers enrol to compete in a Club hosted Swim Meet
The top 10 swimmers (8 swimmers and 2 reserves) from the combined Club Dive and Try Swim Meets are then selected to proceed to the Dive and Try Final Meet.
Conditions of Entry
- Participation certificates and a Dive and Try swim cap will be presented to all swimmers entering the Dive and Try Swim Meets.
- Each swimmer’s date of birth must be stated on the entry form. Age must be as at date of swim meet. Swimmers must compete in their age group only.
- Swimmers affiliated to Swimming WA clubs who have achieved AA Qualifying Times in a particular stroke are not eligible to participate in Dive and Try Swim Meets in that stroke at any centre (country or metropolitan). AA Qualifying Times are listed in the Swimming WA almanac.
- Swimming WA affiliated members can only swim at their home clubs Dive and Try Swim Meet.
- All entrants consent to privacy of their information and details between the club, Swimming WA and Swimming Australia and will only be used in regards to the sport of swimming.
- All entrants consent to (photos) from events being used by Swimming WA and Swimming Australia for reporting and further promotion of the sport of swimming.
- Entry fees are to be determined by the host club. Payment must accompany the entry form. All entries and payments must be sent to the coordinator of the host club, and must be received twelve (12) days prior to the meet. Some clubs may take entries on the day - please check with the host club coordinator.
Pool entry charges are not included in the entry fee. Swimmers and spectators may be required to pay normal pool entry prices at each centre.