With Western Australian's and the World currently battling the COVID-19 pandemic, we felt it appropriate to provide advice for all clubs, coaches, members and associated persons. In providing this advice we have considered Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, WA Health, Australian Institute of Sport, and the World Health Organisation and other authorities, including Swimming Australia, to make decisions in the best interests of the health and welfare of our members, volunteers and families.
As this is a rapidly changing situation, Swimming WA will continue to provide relevant updates through this dedicated page.
You can also stay up to date with the health situation, credible advice and recommendations at the following links:
World Health Organisation
Australian Government (Department of Health)
- Australian Department of Health (landing page for COVID-19)
- Current Situation and Case Numbers
- COVID-19 Campaign (including videos and print resources)
- Australian Health Sector Emergency Response Plan for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We understand that this is a worrying time for many in our community. We want to assure you that our staff and SWA Board are responding to the situation as it evolves.
Thank you again for your ongoing support and we look forward to healthier and happier return to the pool in the near future.
- Swimming WA Return to Training Checklist & Guidelines
- Swimming Australia - National Guidelines for Restarting Club Environments
- COVID-19 WA Road to Recovery
- National Coaching Resources - Remote Dryland Exercises
The following document has been developed to assist in the restarting of activity for swimming clubs across Australia. This information is designed to assist swimming club officials and coaches and seeks to provide further information for operating as safely as possible.