Contact Swimming WA to advertise your coaching position here. All advertisements are free of charge for Swimming WA affiliated clubs.
For more vacancies please visit the Australian Swim Teachers and Coaches Association website.
Vacant Coach Positions
- To instruct Swimming WA swimming squads to students at Belmont Oasis in accordance with Swimming WA Squads program objectives and level entry criteria;
- Provide structured squad daily plans to all Swimming WA squad programs sessions to ensure program consistency;
- Provide macrocycles, mesocycles and micro cycles for Stroke Development, Junior and Junior Swim Fit sessions and program objectives;
- Deliver daily primary Stroke Development, Junior and Junior Swim Fit sessions to squad members
- Lead assisting swimming coaches or instructors;
- Strong water safety knowledge;
- Able to work and communicate with swimmers and their parents effectively;
- Attention to detail and correcting strokes;
- Able to work collaboratively with other Lead and program coaches to achieve program objectives and swimmer goals;
- Mentor and assist in train less experienced coaches to further their coaching knowledge and skills;
- Ability to create a fun and safe working environment;
- Set up and pack down of daily swimming squads, including bulkheads / lane dividers as required;
- Maintenance and equipment checks;
- Ongoing assessments of swimmers and their capability levels in the water.
- Working with children
- Updated First Aid /CPR
- Accredited Development Level coach
- Plan and deliver training programmes that challenge swimmers in a fun environment including correct technical strokes.
- Communicate in a positive and supportive manner to swimmers.
- Work effectively with the Pinjarra Club committee.
- Determine, prepare for and attend target meets during the swimming season including country pennants.
- Hold a current Working with children Check-CPR, First Aid-National Police clearance- be a registered member of ASCTA and be willing to become a Swimming WA Member, and have up to date coaching accreditation Development Level or Above.
- Club President: Colette Shaw: Colette.email@example.com or
- Club Vice President: Barbra Gray Barbra.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Performance Pathway
Belmont Oasis Swimming Club: Lead Coach
The Lead Belmont Oasis Swimming Coach role is responsible for the delivery of the Stroke Development, Juniors and Junior Swim Fit squad programs to increase participation in swimming. Key duties:
For more details please contact Kirsty Read: email@example.com
Rockingham Swimming Club
Rockingham Swimming Club is seeking an experienced and qualified squad coach (Development level accreditation or higher), who is ready to take on the challenge of a state level performance squad under the direct mentorship of our nationally recognised Head Coach, Ryan Spencer. The role will include collaboration and development with the Head Coach to deliver an overall performance pathway from Junior through to International level.
The ideal candidate will have a growth mindset, with a willingness to learn a national program, along with an ability to cascade their learning through their portfolio of squads. The role is forecast to start in May following Nationals 2023, in alignment with the start of the Short Course season and the Club's new strategic plan 2023-2028.
For more information, please contact Head Coach Ryan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scarborough Beach Swimming Club: Casual Coaches
Scarborough Beach Swimming Club (SBSC) is seeking applications for the role of Casual Swim Coach. SBSC is one of the top competitive swimming clubs in Western Australia celebrating its 59th year. Our membership ranges from junior through to masters covering stroke development through to National Qualifiers. SBSC runs out of the iconic Scarborough Beach Pool, with additional sessions at the near-by Churchlands Senior High School. The SBSC training program is supported by a team of highly dedicated coaches.
• Completion of Foundation Swim Coach course (formerly Teacher of Competitive Swimming course) or equivalent/higher qualification
• Working with Children Card
• First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
For more details see:
South Shore Swimming Club: Coach
South Shore Swimming Club is looking for an experienced “career” Coach to work alongside our
existing team. The successful applicant will be tasked with implementing a programme to help
develop swimmers to meet state level competition targets and to achieve success at this level. The
successful person will embrace positive ideals & values promoting an environment in which
swimmers develop self-esteem, self-confidence, discipline, effective habits and the motivation to
For more information please see:
Special Olympics: Swim Coach
Special Olympics Australia is always looking for coach/s to lead the delivery of our sporting programs for individuals with intellectual disabilities. The position’s objective is to facilitate fun, welcoming, and safe programs and events, that support ongoing skill development for athletes.
Dates: Friday 28 April – Friday 30 June
Time: 4.00pm – 5.00pm
Location: Wharf St &, Sevenoaks St, Cannington WA 6107, Australia (Cannington Leisureplex)
Pay rate: $30 - $50 per hour
To apply or for more details please contact Tara: email@example.com
Bunbury Swimming Club: Junior Development Coach
We are currently seeking a Junior Development Coach who is passionate about competitive swimming, working with children and coaching. The successful applicant will be tasked with coaching one of the club’s junior squads (Bronze, Silver, Gold and Fitness Squads), as well as co-ordinating and working with its other junior squad coaches, utilising your experience and knowledge of swimming and coaching best practice to deliver an effective junior coaching
You will be required to implement a program to motivate and develop swimmers to meet state-level competition targets and achieve competitive success at this level. The role also entails assisting the management committee with recruiting and retaining junior swimmers from the catchment area of the South West Sports Centre.
The successful person will embrace positive ideals and values promoting an environment in which swimmers develop self-esteem, self-confidence, discipline, effective habits and motivation to succeed.
Closing date: 30th June
Find out more:
Pinjarra Swimming Club: Head Coach
The Pinjarra Swim Club is seeking a Coach for the 2022-23 season and beyond.
Our swimming club is a small regional club with school aged swimmers, fitness swimmers, State Junior -Senior swimmers and we currently have two National swimmers who we would love to retain and keep them competing at this level.
We are starting a Dolphin (mini squad) program to encourage more swimmers from our centres swim school program to transition to club swimming.
PSC fosters the enjoyment of swimming and competes at meets in both short course and long course at the highest levels.
The coach would be required to:
Working hours are currently totalling 16hrs per week, these hours will increase as our numbers grow again going forward.
This is a PAID position, and remuneration will be discussed with the right candidate.
For any enquiries/applications please contact:
Mandurah Swimming Club: Assistant Coach/Teacher
The Mandurah Swimming Club is currently achieving significant growth and success in the pool with our junior swimmers. As a result we are seeking a motivated, passionate swimming individual to assist in the development of our younger squad members.
The Assistant Coach will be employed to assist the Head Coach in the development and progression of our successful Junior Squad program, including being responsible for delivering training plans that provide progression for swimmers through to our Senior Squad. The position will include early mornings, evenings and weekend work and attendance at swimming competitions.
The key duties and responsibilities will include:
• Assisting the Head Coach
• Overseeing, coaching and development of the Junior Squad’s program
• Identify and develop individual swimmers short-term and long-term goals
• Effectively communicating as necessary with swimmers, parents, and other coaches
• Promotion and growth of the club and swim team program
• Teacher of Competitive Swimming (SAT-CS) minimum
• First Aid Certificate, desirable or willing to attain (HLTAID011)
• Valid Working with Children Check
For all enquires please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org