Contact Swimming WA to advertise your coaching position here. All advertisements are free of charge for Swimming WA affiliated clubs.
For more vacancies please visit the Australian Swim Teachers and Coaches Association website.
Vacant Coach Positions
- Minimum of 5 years coaching experience at National level with demonstrated technical knowledge of swimming
- Ability to work as part of a team including strong mentoring skills
- Strong communication skills to communicate effectively with key stakeholders, including swimmers, parents and the committee
- Australian Swimming Coaches & Teachers Association (ASCTA) membership and minimum of Development accreditation, preferred Advanced accreditation
- Preferred Strength and Conditioning certification
- Current Working with Children Check & First Aid qualification
- Demonstrated experience in providing high quality coaching to various development, fitness and competitive pathway programs to improve swimmers’ technique and ongoing performance.
- Possess a willingness to attend all required swim meets and regular meetings with PCSA Swimming staff and coaches.
- Possess excellent communication, organisational skills, and ability to show initiative and work as part of a cohesive team
- Plan and deliver training programmes that challenge swimmers in a fun environment including correct technical strokes.
- Communicate in a positive and supportive manner to swimmers.
- Work effectively with the Pinjarra Club committee.
- Determine, prepare for and attend target meets during the swimming season including country pennants.
- Hold a current Working with children Check-CPR, First Aid-National Police clearance- be a registered member of ASCTA and be willing to become a Swimming WA Member, and have up to date coaching accreditation Development Level or Above.
- Club President: Colette Shaw: Colette.email@example.com or
- Club Vice President: Barbra Gray Barbra.firstname.lastname@example.org
Claremont Aquatic Swim Club: Multiple Vacancies
YU Swim Squad/LTS program is affiliated with Claremont Aquatic Swimming Club that operates at the Claremont Aquatic Centre at Claremont. Our swimming program fosters the enjoyment of swimming and caters for all levels of swimming abilities. We are seeking a passionate, reliable and innovative Junior and Senior Coach who is highly motivated.
To inspire, lead and manage the delivery of the YU Swim Squad program to provide the athletes with quality coaching.
To be successful in this role you would be required to do the following:
• Plan and deliver training programmes that challenge swimmers in a fun environment;
• Communicate with swimmers in a positive and supportive manner;
• Knowledge of current swimming and squad management practices;
• Strong time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and attending to multiple tasks simultaneously;
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, enabling harmonious and positive relationships with colleagues, athletes and parents;
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
• Understanding of child safety;
• Appropriate behaviours when engaging with children; and
• Familiarity with legal obligations relating to child safety including mandatory reporting requirements.
For more information on how to apply please see:
Applications close: 23rd September 2022
Guilford Kalamunda Swimming: Head Coach
Guildford and Kalamunda Districts Swimming Club (GK Swimming) is a diverse Swimming WA affiliated swimming club based in the Perth Hills. We have the luxury of training across 3 pools, with no public access. This includes an outdoor 50m and 25m pool, and an indoor 25m pool (22 lanes in total). Our core business is the GK Swimming Club, which includes GK Masters, as well as our own Learn to Swim program called DR-Swim with 200 swimmers to feed through to the club.
Skills and Experience
About the Position
The Head-Coach is responsible for creating and managing the swimming pathway through GK Swimming. This includes:
For more details see: Seek Ad>
An attractive remuneration will be negotiated with the right candidate based on skills and experience.
If the above sounds like you, and you are up for the challenge, please email your CV to email@example.com, or call 0419924881 if you would like to discuss the role further.
Perth City Swimming Club: Junior and Age Group Coach
The Perth College Swim Academy (PCSA) is the training provider for the Perth City Swimming Club and currently offers a comprehensive squad program from juniors through to elite open athletes.
We currently have a variety of coaching opportunities in our Junior and Age Group squads.
We seek applicants who have:
We are offering flexible work arrangements, full time, part time and casual in order to attract the right applicant(s).
Applications close 12.00 pm on Friday 16 September 2022. Applications can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on how to apply please see:
Albany Swimming Club: Coach/Teacher
Albany Swimming Club is seeking coaches or teachers interested in joining the current coaching team.
Working with and alongside our existing coaching staff, the right applicant will have keen interest in swimming, seeing kids do well in the pool and achieving their best.
Times, days and accreditation level are flexible and can be worked around the right person.
Contact the Michael, the club president for more information: email@example.com
Broome Barracudas Swimming Club: Squad Coach/Teacher
Broome Barracudas Swimming Club are looking for new squad coaches.
Times, days and accreditation level are flexible and can be worked around the right person. A love for swimming and working with kids is a must and further training can be provided.
Get involved in this great club! As little as 2 hours per week or as much as 18 hours per week available for the right person.
Contact Melita for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pinjarra Swimming Club: Head Coach
The Pinjarra Swim Club is seeking a Coach for the 2022-23 season and beyond.
Our swimming club is a small regional club with school aged swimmers, fitness swimmers, State Junior -Senior swimmers and we currently have two National swimmers who we would love to retain and keep them competing at this level.
We are starting a Dolphin (mini squad) program to encourage more swimmers from our centres swim school program to transition to club swimming.
PSC fosters the enjoyment of swimming and competes at meets in both short course and long course at the highest levels.
The coach would be required to:
Working hours are currently totalling 16hrs per week, these hours will increase as our numbers grow again going forward.
This is a PAID position, and remuneration will be discussed with the right candidate.
For any enquiries/applications please contact:
Mandurah Swimming Club: Assistant Coach/Teacher
The Mandurah Swimming Club is currently achieving significant growth and success in the pool with our junior swimmers. As a result we are seeking a motivated, passionate swimming individual to assist in the development of our younger squad members.
The Assistant Coach will be employed to assist the Head Coach in the development and progression of our successful Junior Squad program, including being responsible for delivering training plans that provide progression for swimmers through to our Senior Squad. The position will include early mornings, evenings and weekend work and attendance at swimming competitions.
The key duties and responsibilities will include:
• Assisting the Head Coach
• Overseeing, coaching and development of the Junior Squad’s program
• Identify and develop individual swimmers short-term and long-term goals
• Effectively communicating as necessary with swimmers, parents, and other coaches
• Promotion and growth of the club and swim team program
• Teacher of Competitive Swimming (SAT-CS) minimum
• First Aid Certificate, desirable or willing to attain (HLTAID011)
• Valid Working with Children Check
For all enquires please contact: email@example.com