Swimming WA are delighted to invite Swimming WA club members, coaches and teachers to the Club, Coach & Teacher stream of the 2022 Club Conference.
We are excited to announce some excellent guest speakers who will be sharing their expert knowledge on the day:
- Adam Nankin, Adam Popham & Michael Farmer from Inclusion Solutions will be raising awareness of social inclusion.
- Greg Hire, an Australian professional basketball player for the Rockingham Flames, will be discussing how to manage parent and athlete expectations.
- Lorraine Donachie, an accredited professional coach and business mentor, is discussing how to build empowered leaders.
- Sandy Gordon, an Associate Professor of Sport and Exercise Psychology at UWA, will be introducing participants to key positive communication skills that facilitate optimal swimmer - coach relationships.
- Lydia Dowse, Head of Integrity and Risk at Swimming Australia, will be discussing the National Integrity Framework.
- Lucky Weerakkody, Head Coach of Kwinana Swimming Club, is running a practical session at the UWA Pool to explore adapting and working with swimmers to enhance their technique and swimming experience.
- Will Rollo is facilitating a coach Q&A with one of the most highly respected coaches in Western Australia, Ian Mills. Coaches are invited to join us for this Q&A with the North Coast Swim Club Coach to explore his athlete centered coaching philosophy.
- Kane Blackman, President of Leederville Sporting Club & Jocelyn Ryan, Delegates to Region at Northam Swimming Club will present governance and the impact of your club.
Registrations open at 8am. Join us at the UWA Business Centre for some great discussions and a chance to connect with fellow colleagues.