Swimming WA Membership
Why become an Affiliated Member of Swimming WA?
Swimming is an essential part of the Western Australian way of life and 2016 marks an exciting time to become a member of Swimming WA and to support this inspirational Olympic sport.
Click here to download the 2016/17 Swimming WA Affiliation Pack, which outlines all the benefits of becoming a Swimming WA Member, including:
- Each Member who joins SWA in the 2016/17 seasons will receive a free SWA Membership Card, issued with a personalised number for easier access to personal information on the SWA database, as well as act as accreditation for all members at pool Meets;
- Entry to “SWA Member Only” functions and events during the year;
- Access to the SWA Membership database providing Clubs with seamless membership management for those crucial duties such as such as renewals, new Club Members and reporting;
- Online entry facilities for any Meet ranging from Club nights through to a major Meet involving multiple Clubs and of course, SWA Meets;
- Support and advice from the SWA team to assist with Club administration questions, membership issues, talent identification and development, coach education, support on governance matters etc.;
- Access to free legal advice;
- Access to State Performance Squad activities for identified Talented swimmers, providing access to the highest levels of competitive swimming in the State and Nationally;
- Access to funding for your Club in the form of equipment grants, travel subsidies etc.;
- Free access to online/attendance based courses to support Club Administration such as:
- Financial training for Club Treasurers
- Training on My Swim Results for Club Registrars
- Member Welfare with Assessment Solutions
- Safe 4 Kids Series of Courses
- Access to Swimming Australia’s programmes and services. Some examples include, “Sporting Schools Programme” designed for Clubs to engage with Schools (Primary and Secondary) that have expressed interest in hosting Swimming programmes for their students;
- Discounted hire of SWA Dolphin Timing Equipment for Club events.
- An opportunity to shape the sport. Club Delegates are eligible to vote at the Annual General Meeting giving Clubs a say in the shaping of the future of Swimming in WA;
- Comprehensive insurance cover through JLT Sports for all SWA members including swimmers, parents, and other volunteers, as they participate in club duties and other Club activities;
- All Memberships receive a free subscription to SWA Monthly Newsletter and the SWA Annual Report;
- SWA Member only discounts at the SWA online store and during retail campaigns at SWA Meet Venues;
- Access to discounted tickets in the “SWA Members Only” section at the BHP Billiton Aquatic Super Series pool meet.
Your 2016/17 SWA Affiliation membership represents excellent value for money!
PLEASE NOTE: All Club Members are required to become Members of the Association.
SWA Membership Categories:
SWA offers a range of membership options for the community to join the Association for the 2016/17 season:
- Annual Member
- Seasonal Member
- Junior Member
- Junior Dolphins Member
- Leisure Swim Member
- WestSwim Member
- Individual Member
- Coach Membership
- Technical Official Membership
- Life Membership
- Honorary Membership
Additional member benefits and prices are listed within the 2016/17 Membership Categories. Click on your membership category for full details.
This year our Members will receive an SWA Membership card in their Membership pack, which enrols them in the SWA Member Loyalty programme.
In 2016/17, SWA Members will receive in their Membership Pack;
- SWA Membership Card
Vouchers from SWA Sponsors
Membership car sticker
Invitations to SWA Member only functions
Discounts on swimming related merchandise and apparel
Entry to compete in a wide range of swim meets across the state
Access to pre sale tickets for major Swimming Australia and SWA meets
and so much more!
Payments for Members
New and Renewing members formal should use My Swim Results, www.myswimresults.com.au to facilitate payment of their membership fees.
The checkout function of the membership process allows payment by debit, credit card and BPAY.
Please note: Members are able to pay for multiple membership categories when completing online registrations
** All prices are GST inclusive and do not include online registration commission costs **
Should you have questions or require further information, Swimming WA now has a dedicated Membership Officer Shannon Fisher. Please call Shannon in the office on (08) 9328 4599.