Swimming WA with Swimming Australia are delighted to host a face to face Advanced Coach Course Workshop Weekend in October 2022. Usually delivered over a period of 12 months, Swimming WA and Swimming Australia have condensed these workshops for a weekend of face to face learning for Advanced Coach Course Candidates to participate in and complete the workshop requirement of this course.
The weekend includes four core units and one elective unit including:
- Talent Identification
- Planning for Success
- Stroke Theory, Technique and Biomechanics
- Swimmer Welfare
- Instructing Others
Location: Sports HQ, Underwood Ave, Floreat 6014
- Session 1: Friday, 2:00pm - 6:00pm, Talent Identification
- Session 2: Saturday, 8:00am - 12:00pm, Planning for Success with Ben Higson, WAIS
- Session 3: Saturday, 1:00pm - 5:00pm, Stroke Theory, Technique and Biomechanics with Aaron Balloch, WAIS
- Saturday Dinner
- Session 4: Sunday, 8:00am - 10:00am, Swimmer Welfare, Amanda Schonfeld, WAIS
- Session 5: Sunday, 11:00am - 3:00pm, Instructing Others with Graeme Hill, Swimming Australia
Do I need to complete anything before I attend the workshop?
- Enrol and purchase the Advanced Coach Course via the Swimming Australia website
- Register your expression of interest for the October workshops via the registration form
- Complete the online modules which correspond to these workshops ahead of the 21st October
Is there anything else I need to know?
Please be aware of Swimming Australia's COVID safety guidelines and consider any state / local regulations or exemptions.
Registrations for this workshop close on Friday 30th September, 9:00am.